The Essence of an Analogue Turntable
With a specially developed measurement process, all acoustic effects on sound are now totally comprehensible. As a result of higher mass the resonance amplitude turns out to be lower – using combinations of different materials resonances become more diffuse and specific resonances less apparent. RPM 10.1 chassis is the result of our research. Chambers filled with sand and metal lead to high mass and dampens all resonances effectively. The platter is also very heavy. The advantage of high mass can result in higher rumble of the main bearing. To avoid the decline of sound, magnets make the platter almost float on the inverted main bearing with its ceramic ball and plate. All other design features are well known from the highly acclaimed RPM 9. Bass dynamics and overall calmness are clear advantages compared to all other turntables of the Pro-Ject family.
Comes with equipment base Pro-Ject Ground it deluxe 3.
- Chassis, motor housing and granulate filled equipment base Ground it deluxe piano-lacquered dark grey
- The equipment base Ground it deluxe rests on four individually height-adjustable magnetic field feet.
- A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
- The medium density fibre plinth stands on three height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones.
- Granulate filled plinth guarantees constant damping. A supplied spirit level allows easy adjustment.
- The motor is mounted in a separate metal housing to eliminate vibration transmission.
- The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilizing an acrylic platter weighing 5,4Kg and a brass record puck.
- The magnet supported (amount of support adjustable), inverted bearing uses a stainless-steel axle carrying a ceramic ball on which the ceramic bearing plate runs.
- Central metal block optimizes centre of gravity and damps main bearing.
- Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
|Nominal speeds||33 / 45 r.p.m.|
|Dust cover||Pro-Ject Cover it optional|
|Motor in separate housing||yes|
|RCA phono sockets||yes|
|Sorbothane-damped aluminium cones||yes|
|Central metal block||yes|
|Granulate filled plinth||yes|
|Ground it deluxe 3 supplied||yes|
|Granulate filled equipment base||yes|
|Tonearm||Pro-Ject 10cc Evolution|
|Carbon-fibre headshell and armtube||yes|
|Effective tonearm length||10 " (245mm)|
|Effective tonearm mass||8.5g|
|Supplied counterweight||cartridge weight 4 - 6g, 5 - 8g|
|cartridge weights 6 - 10g, 8 - 14g|
|Optional counterweight||cartridge weight 15 - 20g, 16 - 22g|
|Downforce range||10 - 35mN|
|Speed variance||±0,5 %|
|Wow and flutter||±0,01 %|
|Signal to noise||-73dB|
|Power supply type||Mains-fed outboard power supply|
|220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles|
|Output voltage||16V/500mA AC|
|Dimensions||480 x 210 x 330mm|
|Dimension Ground it deluxe||500 x 65 x 400mm (including cones)|
|H without cones 45mm|
|Weight||14,5kg + motor unit 2kg|
|Weight Ground it deluxe||11,6kg|