Pro-Ject Cork It
- Due to the breakdown or supply chains, government mandated shutdowns and massive drop in visitors we were forced to close both brick and mortar stores permanently in summer 2020. We are discounting the remaining inventory online and continue to provide a selection of new items from dependable suppliers ONLY.
- Covid continues to create delivery delays of weeks to months across the whole audio supply chain.
- We have not forgotten about your order.
- We order directly from the sole sources in Canada and stake claim on their incoming stock to get you the first available units. There is no faster way.
- Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs because factories and freight companies are also unreliable. You will receive a shipping notice when your order has shipped.
- Stay safe!
Sound tuning through replacement of platter mat!
Turntable mats have been always a big discussion how they influence the sound. The interaction between the record and the surface can be tracked very easily by the supersensitivity of a good pick up cartridge.
Common felt mats give a smooth contact between record and platter but has the disadvantage with static. That means that feltmats often collect a lot of dust which can be then transfered to the record. Also the damping ability is very limited which can be a problem with metal platters. Thick rubbermats overdamp the record and have an isolation effect which leaves the static on the record and hearable noise clicks are the result.
Leather and Cork are 2 different but very interesting options to upgrade the sound quality. Resonances Are damped more effectively than felt, they keep dust away and they have also enough contactivity to avoid static.
What is better depends on taste and the actual platter design.A very costeffectiv way to improve the sound and have less noise by static and dust. You can hear a difference!
- Alternative platter mats with special sound characteristics
- Substitutes felt mats
- Damping of resonances from metal turntable platters
- Less noise
- Avoids static load
- Suitable for all turntables