Accuphase A-48 Stereo Power Amplifier
Due to US distributor restrictions, pricing available in-store only
- Due to over a year of government-mandated shutdowns we are operating exclusively online. Supply chains continue to be highly disrupted from Covid-19 and many producing factories/countries are entirely shut down as well. We have re-organized our recommended items around dependable suppliers ONLY. Please pay attention to our selected systems for your best chance at getting a product that is available.
- Even amongst the most reliable suppliers, Covid-19 continues to create delivery delays of weeks to months across the whole audio supply chain.
- We submit your order directly to the sole sources in Canada to get it in the queue for their incoming stock. In most cases they will drop ship directly to you for fastest turnaround time. There is no alternate source for us or for you because suppliers have monopolies to products in Canada. Orders are non-cancelable because we commit to and reserve your order in the queue. We suggest getting in as soon as possible because demand from everyone being stuck at home is off the charts vs. limited supply.
- Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs because factories and freight companies are overwhelmed. You will receive a shipping notice only when your order has shipped. We are doing everything in our power to get you your items as fast as possible.
- Stay safe!
The A-48 is a successor model to the A-47, based on the design technology developed for higher-ranked models. It is a full-fledged Pure Class A Stereo Amplifier that produces truly captivating sound.
The output stage of the A-48 uses high-performance power MOS-FETs ideal for audio applications.
For each channel, six devices are arranged in a parallel push-pull Pure Class A arrangement. This results in very low output impedance, ensuring that constant drive voltage is available also for low-impedance loads. Superior performance is evident from the linear power progression of 45 watts into 8 ohms, 90 watts into 4 ohms, and 180 watts into 2 ohms. The amplifier is even capable of driving ultra-low 1-ohm impedances with an amazing 360 watts (music signals only).
The input stage circuitry is configured as an instrumentation amplifier. This approach makes it possible to achieve fully balanced signal paths, extending from the signal input all the way to the final power amp stage. Using the A-48 in bridged mode creates a mono amplifier with even more impressive power output capability, rated for 180 watts into 8 ohms, 360 watts into 4 ohms, and 720 watts into 2 ohms (music signals only).
- Pure Class A operation, 45W / 8Ω × 2 quality power
- Output stage is "Power MOSFET" 6 parallel push-pull configuration
- Output characteristics linear with load impedance
- The amplifier uses an instrumentation amplifier system
- Equipped with more advanced "MCS +" circuit
- Current feedback amplifier with excellent sound quality and stability
- Employs “balanced remote sensing”
- High damping factor: 600-800
- High efficiency large toroidal transformer
- Built-in speaker output protection circuit to prevent accidents due to short circuit
- Bi-amp connection and bridge connection are possible using two A-48s