Sumiko Pearl MM Cartridge
- Due to the breakdown or supply chains, government mandated shutdowns and massive drop in visitors we were forced to close both brick and mortar stores permanently in summer 2020. We are discounting the remaining inventory online and continue to provide a selection of new items from dependable suppliers ONLY.
- Covid continues to create delivery delays of weeks to months across the whole audio supply chain.
- We have not forgotten about your order.
- We order directly from the sole sources in Canada and stake claim on their incoming stock to get you the first available units. There is no faster way.
- Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs because factories and freight companies are also unreliable. You will receive a shipping notice when your order has shipped.
- Stay safe!
With extended frequency response and improved channel separation, the Pearl sits comfortably at the top of Sumiko's moving-magnet cartridge line.
Considering the the reputation of Sumiko's venerable Blue Point and Blackbird moving-coil cartridges, its easy to see how their more affordable line of moving magnet cartridges is so often overlooked. It's fair to say that manufacturers like Ortofon, Grado, and Audio-Technica dominate the market for moving magnet cartridges, but the Sumiko Pearl is certainly a capable competitor.
With smooth presentation and a warm mid-range, the Pearl also does a great job of reducing surface noise without sacrificing detail at high frequencies. Improved channel separation allows for fantastic stereo imaging, while the elliptical stylus and wide frequency response (12 – 30Khz) extract and present a surprising level of depth, with strong rhythm sections and bass.
Moving magnet, alloy cantilever, bonded elliptical stylus, 5.0mV output.
Moving magnet phono cartridge with alloy cantilever, bonded elliptical stylus and 4.0mV output.