Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III High Output MC Cartridge
- Due to the breakdown or supply chains, government mandated shutdowns and massive drop in visitors we were forced to close both brick and mortar stores permanently in summer 2020. We are discounting the remaining inventory online and continue to provide a selection of new items from dependable suppliers ONLY.
- Covid continues to create delivery delays of weeks to months across the whole audio supply chain.
- We have not forgotten about your order.
- We order directly from the sole sources in Canada and stake claim on their incoming stock to get you the first available units. There is no faster way.
- Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs because factories and freight companies are also unreliable. You will receive a shipping notice when your order has shipped.
- Stay safe!
The evolution of the ever-popular Blue Point Special, the EVO III raises the performance bar even higher at this highly competitive price point. Its tonal balance is remarkably smooth, exhibiting a fundamental richness and overall warmth without sacrificing musical detail and resolution. Sound stage focus and channel separation are exemplary, as is the cartridges’ ability to maintain a coherent consistency that reproduces music as a perceptual whole.
High-output moving coil design with 2.5-mV output. Chemically coated aluminum cantilever with 0.3mm x 0.7mm elliptical stylus. Ultra low-resonance open generator design. Resonance controlled mounting system provides the lowest mechanical impedance. Highly compatible with most modern tonearms.
Listen to a sample of the Blue Point Special EVO III cartridge:
|Channel Separation||35 dB|
|Channel Balance||0.5 dB|
|Compliance||(x10-6 cm/dyne) 15|
|Stylus Size/Shape||3 x 7 Elliptical|
|Load Impedance||47k Ohms|
|Tracking Force Range||1.7 - 2.1 grams|
|Recommended force||2.0 grams|
|Cartridge Weight||9.0 grams|