Due to US distributor restrictions, pricing available in-store only
- Covid continues to create unpredictable delays across the whole audio supply chain.
- We have not forgotten about your order.
- We order directly from the sole sources in Canada and stake claim on their incoming stock to get you the first available units.
- You will receive a shipping notice when your order has shipped. Suppliers are not currently able to give us ETAs before they ship.
- Stay safe!
AD-2850 is the dedicated phono equalizer unit. Analog records can be reproduced with high quality by installing AD-2850 in a rear-panel slot. The AD-2850 features separate input circuitry for MC and MM cartridges to ensure optimum matching and realize outstanding S/N ratio. 2 sets of analog-player input jacks, the AD1 and AD2 are equipped, and their selections are switchable with the INPUT selector of pre-amplifiers.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise bipolar-transistors for MC cartridges.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise junction-FET for MM cartridges.
- Differential RIAA equalizer circuit is designed to provide super accurate RIAA equalization characteristics.
- MC Load settings are selectable from among 4 values “10Ω/30Ω/100Ω/300Ω”. The input impedance for both MM settings is 47kΩ.
- Storing separate MC Load and/or AD GAIN settings for each installed AD input (AD1 and/or AD2) is available, and it enables the smooth switching of 2 kinds of analog players or tone arms.
- The printed circuits are made from glass cloth fluorocarbon resin.
Guaranteed Specifications [Guaranteed specifications are measured according to EIA standard RS-490] (Specifications installed in C-2850)
MM/40dB, MC ：20～20,000Hz ±0.2dB
MM/30dB ：20～20,000Hz ±0.3dB
AD Maximum input voltage (1kHz, 0.005% THD)
MM/30dB INPUT ： 310mV
MM/40dB INPUT ： 96.5mV
MC/60dB INPUT ： 9.5mV
MC/70dB INPUT ： 3.2mV
Gain (Gain selector set to 18 dB position, 12/18/24 dB settings available)
AD[MM:30/40dB]INPUT → BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT ：48/58dB
AD[MM:30/40dB]INPUT → REC OUTPUT ：30/40dB
AD[MC:60/70dB]INPUT → BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT ：78/88dB
AD[MC:60/70dB]INPUT → REC OUTPUT ：60/70dB
Input sensitivity and impedance
|Input||Input Sensitivity||Input Impedance|
|For Rated Output||For 0.5V Output|
|AD-MM/30 dB INPUT||8.0 mV||2.0 mV||47 kilohms|
|AD-MM/40 dB INPUT||2.5 mV||0.63 mV||47 kilohms|
|AD-MC/60 dB INPUT||0.25 mV||0.063 mV||10/30/100/300 ohms, switchable|
|AD-MC/70 dB INPUT||0.08 mV||0.02 mV||10/30/100/300 ohms, switchable|
|BALANCED/LINE||252 mV||63 mV||40/20 kilohms, switchable|
|Input||Input shorted (A weighting)||EIA S/N|
|S/N ratio at rated output|
|AD-MM/30 dB INPUT||94 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MM/40 dB INPUT||85 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MC/60 dB INPUT||80 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MC/70 dB INPUT||73 dB||87 dB|
|BALANCED/LINE||111 dB||110 dB|