Due to US distributor restrictions, pricing available in-store only
Like most other businesses, we are currently experiencing severe disruptions from shipping companies, stock availability and 200% increased order and e-mail volume. We thank you for your patience and are diligently attending to each order as fast as possible.
In the case of delayed or out of stock items, we order directly from the sole sources in Canada and overseas and we stake claim on the first available units in the order they come in. You will receive a shipping notice when your order has shipped. We have not forgotten about it.
AD-2850 is the dedicated phono equalizer unit. Analog records can be reproduced with high quality by installing AD-2850 in a rear-panel slot. The AD-2850 features separate input circuitry for MC and MM cartridges to ensure optimum matching and realize outstanding S/N ratio. 2 sets of analog-player input jacks, the AD1 and AD2 are equipped, and their selections are switchable with the INPUT selector of pre-amplifiers.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise bipolar-transistors for MC cartridges.
- Differential amplifier circuit with ultra low noise junction-FET for MM cartridges.
- Differential RIAA equalizer circuit is designed to provide super accurate RIAA equalization characteristics.
- MC Load settings are selectable from among 4 values “10Ω/30Ω/100Ω/300Ω”. The input impedance for both MM settings is 47kΩ.
- Storing separate MC Load and/or AD GAIN settings for each installed AD input (AD1 and/or AD2) is available, and it enables the smooth switching of 2 kinds of analog players or tone arms.
- The printed circuits are made from glass cloth fluorocarbon resin.
Guaranteed Specifications [Guaranteed specifications are measured according to EIA standard RS-490] (Specifications installed in C-2850)
MM/40dB, MC ：20～20,000Hz ±0.2dB
MM/30dB ：20～20,000Hz ±0.3dB
AD Maximum input voltage (1kHz, 0.005% THD)
MM/30dB INPUT ： 310mV
MM/40dB INPUT ： 96.5mV
MC/60dB INPUT ： 9.5mV
MC/70dB INPUT ： 3.2mV
Gain (Gain selector set to 18 dB position, 12/18/24 dB settings available)
AD[MM:30/40dB]INPUT → BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT ：48/58dB
AD[MM:30/40dB]INPUT → REC OUTPUT ：30/40dB
AD[MC:60/70dB]INPUT → BALANCED/LINE OUTPUT ：78/88dB
AD[MC:60/70dB]INPUT → REC OUTPUT ：60/70dB
Input sensitivity and impedance
|Input||Input Sensitivity||Input Impedance|
|For Rated Output||For 0.5V Output|
|AD-MM/30 dB INPUT||8.0 mV||2.0 mV||47 kilohms|
|AD-MM/40 dB INPUT||2.5 mV||0.63 mV||47 kilohms|
|AD-MC/60 dB INPUT||0.25 mV||0.063 mV||10/30/100/300 ohms, switchable|
|AD-MC/70 dB INPUT||0.08 mV||0.02 mV||10/30/100/300 ohms, switchable|
|BALANCED/LINE||252 mV||63 mV||40/20 kilohms, switchable|
|Input||Input shorted (A weighting)||EIA S/N|
|S/N ratio at rated output|
|AD-MM/30 dB INPUT||94 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MM/40 dB INPUT||85 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MC/60 dB INPUT||80 dB||86 dB|
|AD-MC/70 dB INPUT||73 dB||87 dB|
|BALANCED/LINE||111 dB||110 dB|